January is finally over, and while I was in town today, I really thought how bleak it looked without all the festive lights and shop displays! But Spring is coming, and that means longer days!
Despite it being January, we’ve had a wonderful cultural month: Starting the New Year with a trip to our favourite London theatre, The National, to see the wonderful War Horse. Although having read the rave reviews for the last decade (or longer?), we’d never seen it. So now the children are old enough to appreciate the story, we decided to go as a belated Christmas treat. The puppetry in this show is nothing short of spectacular, and the stage play totally brought the story to life; I don’t mind admitting I had a tear in my eye. The show is now on tour, so catch it if you can!
I also visited the new experiential space at Alexander McQueen, which you can read about in my blog post below!
Now, it’s over to you, both Scarlett at Diary of a Londoness and I want to hear about your cultural trips!
Last week, the lovely Emma from Bavarian Soujourn’s favourite posts were:
The Curious Pixie: Kerala Beaches and Backwaters with Kids
And my very own 4 Day Itinerary for Taormina, Sicily
Thanks so much to everyone for joining in, we really hope that #CulturedKids, I really love the great community that is building up around this linky, and I look forward to reading your posts this week!
- Link up one post old or new
- Please add the CulturedKids badge at the bottom of the post, or link back to Truly Madly Kids or Diary of a Londoness – the badge code is below
- Posts must include something cultural – be that a museum, building, art gallery, place of historic interest, street art etc
- Please comment on the Host’s post and at least two other posts using #CulturedKids
- Tweet us your links via @trulymadly7 and @scarlettroitman with #CulturedKids and we will retweet
- We will share your post elsewhere on social media, especially our Pinterest Page. It would be great if you could follow Truly Madly Kids on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
- The Cultured Kids linky will be live every other Friday for 12 days
- We will choose our favourite posts every fortnight