We all know that Vix is the Rainbow Cake queen, but my tween has decided she is going to give her a run for her money with her rainbow cupcakes. Her brother is away on cub camp, and she decided to bake! We’ve already seen her bake muesli bars, but this time it was a more complex recipe! Not only has she written this recipe, she has decided to vlog it too, so make sure you watch her video! I am beginning to feel her scorn at my own baking (or lack of) efforts.
Here’s how she makes them, and watch her vlog for a tutorial!
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g self raising flour
- 125g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- Food colouring gel (whichever colours you fancy!)
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy
2. Beat the eggs, and add the flour to it.
3. Mix the flour / egg mixture to the butter and sugar mix.
4. Add the milk and vanilla essence, and stir
5. Divide into four bowls (or as many bowls as you have different colours)
6. Add the mixture to the cupcake holders, layer the different colours in whatever pattern you want
7. Cook in a preheated oven (200 degrees) for 10 – 15 minutes.
8. After they have cooled, either ice as you please or leave.
9. EAT AND ENJOY!
We made a vlog as well – please do watch!
Linked to Sunday Stars with Everything Mummy