The tween has started cooking! This week she tackled Muesli bars (some may call them flap jacks, but we’re calling them muesli bars!). I will handover to her, so she can tell how to make them. 15 mins to make 30 mins to bake
115g unsalted butter
100g light brown sugar
115g golden syrup or runny honey
300g rolled oats
50g mixed nuts,chopped (don’t have to add if not wanted)
Dried fruit or coconut if you want
Seeds (bleeurrgggh!) – not in mine!
1. Ask an adult to preheat the oven to 150 degrees and grease the baking tin.
2. Melt the butter,sugar and golden syrup or runny honey in a saucepan.
3. Mix the melted butter,sugar and honey or golden syrup with all the other ingredients in large bowl
4. Spread all the mixture in the baking tin.Then bake in the oven for 20-30 mins ( or until a golden brown).
5. when the muesli bars are cooked let them cool down and the cut them into bars,in the tin and then you can take them out,and then they are ready to eat. I hope you try making them. ENJOY!!!!!!! Apart from putting them in the oven and taking them out, and transferring the syrup and butter into the mixing bowl, the tween really did do the whole recipe herself. Including the weighing out and cutting into slices – Daddy just helped with the fish slice!